Feb 16th 2009 FTAA Meeting Minutes

 

Meeting called to order by Dan Martyak.

Total Attendees 20

All officers present except vacant Secretary

 

January Minutes – Motion to approve Kevin Wall.  Second by Scott Hardy

Treasures’ Report- Motion to approve Kevin Wall.  Second by Scott Hardy

 

Correspondences: 

  1. Request for $75 Tricky Tray donation.  This was approved.  Need name of Organization
  2.  
  3.  
  4.  

 

Agenda Changes (if different than minutes)

  1. Nominations and/or Vote for Secretary.  Notice was given at Feb 16th meeting that nominations and/or vote would take place in March meeting

 

Sports Reports

======================================================

Baseball- Chris Henry

  1. Forks Tournament is June 25-29
  2. Backstop at Forks School still needs to be fixed.  Cost varies with a Max of $14,000.
  3. Main fix is the big diamond foul balls and Coach Pitch field
  4. Signups:   4 out of town people.  Rec Board indicated 3 ok, 1 no.
  5. Signups:  Stop Feb 28th.

 

  1. Action:  Dan.  Get email from Tim Case from EASD ok to proceed (email sent 3-11)
  2. Action: Chris.  Will talk to neighbor on what we are doing
  3. Action:  Butch and Chris.  Lock in final contractor and costs.

 

======================================================

Basketball- Don Miller

  1. 4 weeks left in Season.

 

======================================================

Cheering- Melody Talpas

  1. 91 signups to date
  2. Signups:  Stop effective Feb 16.  No late signups

 

======================================================

Football- Report given by TBD

  1. Clinic April 17
  2. Clinic June 7

 


======================================================

Soccer – Report given by TBD

  1. Spring soccer, not run by FTAA has 103 players

 

 

======================================================

Lacrosse – Scott Hardy

  1. 60 kids to date.  Down from last year.  Older kids moved up.  Out of town down.
  2. Practice to start early March at Mecco Road upper fields

 

 

  1. Action:  Dan-Scott.  Contact Mark Roberts for Goals at Mecco road.  (3-9  Dan contacted Mark and they will be delivered soon)
  2. Action:  John W.  Portable Johns at Mecco and Forks School (Done)
  3. Action:  Scott, Butch.  Rec Board needs to provide OK to allow equipment to be held 1 week after school ends for EASD clinic.  Same as in previous years.  Equipment will not be allowed for use in Summer Programs.
  4. Action:  Dan.  Email Mark Roberts for Benches at Meco 3-11

 

======================================================

Softball – Ty Corallo

  1. 220 Kids signed up.  70 never played before
  2. Looking into a Legends Clinic for Softball.
  3. Dirt need to be on fields and benches provided

 

  1. Action:  Ty.  Contact Marks Roberts on where you want benches and how many

======================================================

Wrestling – Don Miers

  1. Team won division
  2. Banquet is Feb 27th at Flynn’s

 

  1. Action:  Don.  Email Dan Wrestling guidelines for review.  Need to be finalized before Aug 15th

 

 


Committee Reports

======================================================

Dances – Kevin Wall

  1. Next Dance is Basketball on Feb 20.
  2. March dance is March 20.  Lacrosse.

======================================================

Snack Bar – Melissa Walsh

 

======================================================

First Aid Kits – Matt Daud

  1. Restocked and ready

 

======================================================

Scholarships – Colleen

  1. Forms dropped off at schools per email

 

  1. Action:  Dan. Need Plate made.  2007 Plate exists.  Does the 2008 plate exist
  2. Action:  Colleen.  Recommendation needs to be made that there will be 4 $1,500 scholarships per year for a total of $6,000.
  3. Action:  Colleen may need a replacement this year as her child may apply.

 

======================================================

Background Checks – John Wieller

  1. The form is on the web
  2. All are in for sports

 

Action:  Dan:  Need guidance from Karl Kline on where to drawn the line if questionable

======================================================

Signups – Dan Martyak

  1. Cheering close immediately
  2. Baseball, Lacrosse, Softball end Feb 28th
  3. After that commissioner collect forms and money.  They hand in to front desk.
  4. No out of town signups unless Rec Board approves

 

  1. Action:  Dan is reviewing online signups

 

======================================================

Guidelines – Nancy Bonfanti

  1. Will give the baseball guidelines to Ed to be posted on the website

 

 

======================================================

Website – Ed Adamko

  1. All up to date

 

 


Old Business

  1. Scoreboard is in.  It is portable.  Needs to be set up.  ACTION:  Lacrosse is setting up.  Raso, White, Walhgren will do it.  Need to buy a generator.  Dan has price quote.  Also looking for past FTAA generator.
  2. Jan meeting comment:  Fran Tone – Rules state that a commissioner cannot be on the Recreation Board.  Would like to know if membership can be reviewed and modified.   During Feb meeting it was stated that if someone drafts new rules to be voted on this can be taken up.  If no-one drafts new rules, this will be dropped.
  3. Ty Corallo would like to know if we can put pictures on the website of the kids playing sports.  Need notes here.
  4. A fee committee needs to be formed if we want to review all current fees including non-resident FTAA fee.  Need someone to lead if this will move forward

 

 

New Business Section:

  1. Need to review a possible shed at Meco Road
  2. Need Decision on Generator for Scoreboard
  3. Wonderling $5,000 grant status
  4. Options for $20 winning team
    1. Trophy 15 inch  $12.00 each
    2. Plaque 9X7  $18.00 each
    3. T-shirt
    4. Hooded Jacket
    5. Continue as is letting team mom-coach decide
    6. Any combination of the above
    7. Duffle Bag $18-$20
    8. Stop the program
  5.  
  6.  
  7.   

 

Motion to Close Feb Meeting Simon Sikora,  2nd Lou Kelher

 

==============================Section for Notes ============================

Motions During meeting

 

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

By:   __________________  Second___________  In favor: _________  Opposed:________

 

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

By:   __________________  Second___________  In favor: _________  Opposed:________

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

By:   __________________  Second___________  In favor: _________  Opposed:________